Within FIWARE security is guaranteed by different services that provide the following functionalities:
- Identity Management (IDM): the reference implementation is currently KeyRock
- Policy Decision Point PDP service: the reference implementation is currently authzforce
- Policy Enforcement Point (PEP): the reference implementation is currently Wilma, but is going to be replaced soon by an extension of API Umbrella.
All the above elements combined together provide you with an AAA solution for FIWARE APIs.
In the recipes, at the time being, we cover only the ongoing implementation of the PEP Proxy based on API Umbrella. This is due to the fact that:
- KeyRock is undergoing strong developments and new release will be announced soon, and the current FIWARE Lab IDM can be used for any project without need to deploy your own instance.
- PDP is required only in complex scenarios, and the PDP available in FIWARE Lab can be used for any project without need to deploy your own instance.